
What?
On the 1st and 16th I will be hosting this "green meme"-the Bea Green Blogorama! I'd love to get our heads together and learn about living a more green and natural way from each other. Most of my friends already post about "green" topics frequently, so I figured, why not put them all together once in awhile so we can all enjoy them?
How?
To participate, all you need to do is dig up a past post or write a new one about bea-ing green...how you are, what you are doing that is 'green', ways to be green, what it means to you--the sky's the limit, as long as it's family-friendly and environmentally conscious. Hang your laundry instead of using the dryer? Tell us about it! Saving money and the air on gas somehow? Please share! Planting a garden--and growing it organically? The topic is broad and yet the focus is narrow.
So...about that giveaway...
What we have up for grabs is a *fabulous* market tote and a produce tote! And guess what...you can enter twice for twice the chance to win!

This beautiful mellow-toned market tote features "Kleo" by Alexander Henry fabric on the front and back and a coordinating "Bangle Dot" Alexander Henry print for the bottom and sides. Lined in chocolate twill and sporting tote-length straps, this retro-chic tote will be the talk of the town! Additionally, I am including a pink-ribboned produce tote. Color-coordinating your veggies was never so fun! ;)
![]() | ![]() |
This is one of my favorite totes so far, and the print is big enough that the back is actually a little different! It is fun and funky enough to use in multiple ways, sturdy and solid enough to haul your groceries from the farmer's market or the canned goods outlet. The best of both worlds!

Yay! So how can I win it?
As I said, there are two ways to enter. The first way is to leave a comment to this post about being green. That's it. Just tell me about your inner tree-hugger or pass on a tip to reduce waste or whatever--as long as it's "safe for work", family-friendly, and most of all GREEN! As long as you leave a comment telling me about being environmentally conscious and leave me a way to contact you if you win, it counts! You may only enter once this way, and duplicates will be deleted.
The second way is to participate in this carnival/meme! To do so, either find a public (family friendly and eco-appropriate) post or make one about being green and then use the handy-dandy Mr. Linky at the bottom! To use Mr. Linky, leave your name in the name slot and a link to your post about being green. Don't leave a link to your blog or your favorite webcomic, it must be to your specific post! Duplicates will not be counted, and you may only enter for a chance to win once--although if you want to offer multiple posts about being green, that's fine by me! If you make a new post just for this meme, please feel free to use the graphic up above, and certainly spread the word!
Winner will be chosen using a random number generator and announced on Sunday, July 6th in the evening (PST)! Have fun and Bea Green!
Commenting to this entry is now CLOSED!



82 comments:
In order to "bea green" our household recycles and composts almost everything. In a 2 week period we get 1 bag of trash for 5 adults and a toddler which I think is pretty spectacular. If we are at a place that doesn't have recycling set up we will bring it home to separate and recycle ourselves. Recycle, Reduce, Reuse is our motto :)
Stephanie Melski
stephmelski@gmail.com
Bea-ing green is a relatively recent development in my life. I grew up in a home that wasn't very environmentally conscious and for much of my youth even had an anti-green outlook to some extent. But over the past couple of years, I've slowly become more aware of how much waste I create, not to mention the waste made by my family, community, city, state, country...and the world. I've gradually been changing my habits to waste less. I am cloth diapering my new baby, using less paper napkins, recycling what would otherwise be garbage (for the first time in my life!)--and I think I'm just going to have to buy some of your lovely bags for shopping!
I posted a link to my green tip - it's a post I wrote ages ago about how I make my own cloth wipes. Saves trees, money, and lightens the landfills. :-)
So click the linky above for the recipe!
I left a link to the post I made awhile back about using cloth diapers. I still use cloth diapers and think they are a super way to save our landfills and pocketbooks! I also use cloth "feminine products" which is a great way to cut down on waste, plus is healthier for women.
I messed up my first link so it links to a recipe instead of my cloth diaper post.:-/ Sorry, sorry!
You know, I never really have to "try" to be "green"... I absolutely love using my clothesline, composting (one of my current obsessions!), cloth diapering, and re-using everything possible. :)
I have been cloth diapering for the first time (baby #5) for about a year now, and I hang the diapers to dry. I also made my own cloth baby wipes...and I'm going to try my hand at making some cloth diapers since baby #6 is due in a few months!
We have three trash cans in our home. One is for paper, one for plastic, and one for organic waste. Everything we throw away goes into one of those three trash cans!
My favorite green task - is haning laundry. If I want to feel like I am just enjoying a day off - give me baskets and baskets full of laundry to hang. I LOVE it - and it saves energy and money too.
I would love to be entered into your drawing my blog site is http://highnotes.blogspot.com - you can reach me at my email in my profile picture.
Thanks,
~Martie
One way we "bea green" is to buy local whenever possible. The more local we can buy, the less gas and such is used to get the product to us, usually there is less packaging, and our money goes into the local economy. The main way we do this is by belonging to a local CSA. The farm is 5 minutes from our house, so once a week I go down with my kiddos, pack up our produce into my reusable bags or cooler, and bring it home. It's also fresher, picked that morning and some upick by us! I buy what I don't get through my CSA at my local farmer's market. Things such as butter, eggs, and extra produce all from within an hour of my home! We also purchased half a cow, which now resides (nicely butchered and packaged) in our freezer. I'm trying to avoid going to the grocery store as much as possible!~
In order to bea green and save money we like to re-use our printer paper.
The kids use the other side of printed sheets to draw and colour on.
I'm hoping to do a post and link later on, meanwhile
blessings from Northern Ireland.!
Bea-ing green is pretty new for us. We have recently started being really strict about recycling. we have started a compost as well near our garden. We always use our clothes line in Aussie land-not many dryers here.
We have a few ways we like to bea-green. A few of our favorites:
1 We ride our bikes for all errands (except when it is raining)! This is a great way to cut down on gas use and also reduces the amount of goods you purchase (because you have to lug, er, I mean carry then home!
2 We reuse our rain water for the garden.
3 We compost our scraps to reduce trash
I am sure we still have MANY ways we can improve, but it is a learning process and it works for us ;}
Saryn - smphome@excite.com
In order to be more "green" around our household, we have done a number of things for ten years or more, like use reusable shopping bags, as well as recycling everything we possibly can and composting. However, it has been just recently that I have tried eliminating all of my chemical-laden cleaning products and have since switched to using vinegar, soap, essential oils, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda to cover the majority of my cleaning needs. When we clean, the house just has a nice fresh scent, not some overpowering chemical or perfume-y smell. We are all healthier for it as well.
michelle at northofthe49 dot com
Connecting all out computers and "wall warts" (those little chargers for cell phones, cameras, etc.) to surge strips and turning those strips off nightly has both saved electricity and $ over the past 2 months. My husband was truly shocked when we saved an entire days worth of electricity over the course of month 1.
We compost.
We garden.
We use manure in the garden from a closeby horse stable.
We save newspapers to put down to smother weeds around the garden.
Thank you for this wonderful giveaway!
Trying to improve in this very area. :) Baby steps, so far:
Encouraged by gas prices, I'm definitely making fewer trips in the car.
Recycling clothes via garage sales and thrift stores.
Moving toward a diet heavy in fresh produce -- less packaging and trash (almost all of my trash is from the kitchen).
Have been wanting to make the transition to reusable shopping bags!
We are avid recyclers: all paper & newspaper, food glass, all metal, batteries, all plastics # 1 thru #7 are kept out of the waste stream. We Freecyle to others and have gotten a few things thru that service. We compost all nonmeat scraps from the kitchen 9free fertilizer for our organic garden). We shop second hand, too. We only turn on the A/C when the humidity/air quality requires it or if the inside temp of the house hits 80. We use ceiling fans and reg. fans to move air around, which helps. We have a programable thermostat for the winter. We line dry as much as possible, wash in cold, take cold showers. CarolSCM@aol.com
We recycle plastics, glass, metal, and paper. I also have been trying my hand at making my own cleaning products. Very fun! I also have been composting this summer for the first time.
Amy
surrendered2theking@gmail.com
In our home, we try to cut electricity consumption by hanging clothes out to dry, shutting down the computer, washing clothes in cold water, and leaving the tv off after a certain time. It has helped to become more aware of these kinds of things, not only to be green, but to save money! :)
We do many things now to "Bea green." Starting with using Shaklee cleaner, which I've had the same bottle for 4 years now and it's still half full, baking soda in an old baby powder container(this works awesome) to clean with and vinegar to mop with. We are planning on using cloth with our new baby for the first time. I reuse my wal-mart bags for trash bags and recycle what I can. Of course to save gas we stay home 4 days a week and save one day for errands and the weekends for errands. This makes it much easier to homeschool too and to just enjoy a relaxed life.
Oh, my favorite Bea-green and thrifty tip is GO to Yard Sales! Try to buy used first!
We just started using cloth napkins here at our house. We are taking baby steps towards being more green and I love the way I feel about it. I also love teaching my kids as we go!
We go green by not buying paper napkins or paper towels. We use cloth napkins instead. We also recycle our plactics, papers,cans, whatever we can recycle.
Christine
rpierce5114@wowway.com
Our favorite way to "bea green" is to use natural cleaners. I make my own from vinegar and essential oils. I also use baking soda, salt and lemon juice.
My husband is Chinese, and in China babies are mostly diaper free. It seems to work well and we're planning on doing this when our baby arrives in August. Additonally, his mom is making us cloth diapers (from various recycled materials) to use at night.
Charlotte Z.
we've been growing a garden this year, and figured we'd start composting. We started out small, veggie/fruit peels, coffee grounds, etc... but as time has gone along I have been adding more and more things to the pile, cutting back on household trash and amount of things that end up at the landfill.
Wow!This is a really sweet giveaway!:)
Being green is something I'm trying to do one step at a time. For now, I use cloth towels in the kitchen, cloth wipes for my baby, recycle as much as I can,use homemade non toxic cleaners ( the old vinegar solution!),and just really not buy stuff until we really need to and when we do we stretch the life out of it!:)
-Ann
ann2781ATyahooDOTcom
My husband and I have recently started a campaign not to throw away any food in our home--we try to eat all the edibles, and a farmer friend is happy to take all the scraps that we collect throughout the week for his compost!
Well... we compost, recycle and cloth diaper. :) Oh, and I can't forget, I love using our clothesline and I use it as much a possible. :)
We recycle all our bottles cans ect for $ and then we have two other recycle bins - one for paper, cardboard, cans bottles that can not be turned in for $. And the other for mulch and tress branches ect. Our garbage co. picks these up every other week. We also recycle by giving things away we do not use.
Kathey
ChildofGod8@sbcglobal.net
One of the things we do to "bea green", is make our own cleaning supplies without all the harmful chemicals.
Buying used instead of new is my favorite way to be green -it saves money, recycles things that would be thrown away and we don't have all that packaging to throw in a landfill.
The bags are gorgeous, by the way!
My DH and I stay green by setting our thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature settings on our air conditioner. We make our home cooler at night and let it get warmer during the day while we're away. Our second floor which is not used on a regular basis stays warm all summer. We close the registers and the doors. When we know we're having guests we open them all up again.
Rean Day
reanday @ yahoo. com
We made our own compost bin by "recycling" free pallets. We attached them to form a three-sided bin. Air can flow through, and one side is open to allow us easy access to turning.
Kim
kimkg@sbcglobal.net
we compost our kitchen waste, use it on our garden. We plan car trips to get more done and reduce our fuel usage. We use cloth diapers sometimes, and when I need too, I use cloth or a diva cup. I breastfeed for a long time, which is free, healthy, and needs no additional paraphernalia or plastics. We buy most of our clothing at thrift stores. I buy in bulk and cook from scratch most of the time. We try to eat local food whenever it's available, not always easy in Alaska. We try to do much, yet there is much, much more we could do, and are working towards reducing our family's impact on God's creation.
Our first step in the going green movement was replacing our paper towels to cloth napkins. We are taking small steps one at a time.
Very cute bags!
My best tip for being green is to use jars - I recycle jars from other products (jam, fruit, etc.) as well as I use canning jars. I use these for everything from sauces I make, to putting leftovers into and also when I may have something leftover from an opened can. Much healthier than plastic and I love being able to see clearly what is in the jars.
I have just been really convicted about recycling. We live in the country where recycle pick-up with our trash is non-existent. So this morning I have been searching for places I can take it! I have found a couple of good places, now I just have to set up some sort of method for containing it until i can deliver it!!!
Thanks for all the green info, as a new comer to this kind of lifestyle it is really helpful!
These are really neat. I have thought about going to some type of "green" bag, but haven't found any that I felt were worth buying. These are really awesome.
Bea-ing green is also fairly new to us to some degree. WE've always recycled.
Currently we are building our own home and once we are in it, I want to begin composting and gardening, canning and going from "plastic" storage containers to glas.
I try to buy organic when possible (the budget isn't totally there yet.) It's hard for us to bike places, but I do try to take care of many errands in one trip to reduce the times I'm driving into the bigger towns. Also we try to make a lot more from scratch.
I have loved reading all the posts.
We bought some reusable ugly totes from walmart! They aren't even close to as cute as those!
The new thing we've switched to is cloth napkins. I was a little hesitant, not sure how practical it would be with kids, but it's totally great. My mom had a bunch of scraps of fabric with cute kid prints that she just cut into squares and serged, and I picked up some adult size napkins at the second hand store for next to nothing. I'm really happy we made the switch.
We do several things to bea green; here are a few:
- group car trips together to use as little fuel as possible
- reuse or recycle cans, bottles, paper and try to use our bpa-free nalgenes instead of disposible water bottles. I also reuse my salsa (mason) jars after dishwashing and reuse kleenex boxes to store plastic bags.
- re-use my fiancé's old t-shirts as dustcloths and for mopping
- use baking soda to clean my tub, instead of yucky chemicals I can't pronounce
- walk and use public transportation rather than driving as much as possible
- turn off the lights and a/c or heat when not in that room. And close the doors to the other rooms to maximize efficiency.
- "taped" our windows to prevent cold air from entering in the winter
- only run the dishwasher when full, using Ecover ("green") dishwasher tabs (cheaper than Cascade, too!)
- replace conventional lightbulbs with CFLs as they burn out
- use both sides of paper
- give magazines to friends, instead of trashing or recycling them
- use 7th Generation laundry detergent (in a high-efficiency washer) instead of a petroleum-based detergent. I use a drying rack for many items; but when I do use a dryer, I mostly use reusable dryer balls instead of fabric softener sheets.
- rinse out the blender/food processor/mixing bowls/glasses/mugs (unless it had raw eggs) and try to reuse it for another recipe before dishwashing it
- buy produce from the farmer's market
- cover my pots with lids while trying to get the food/liquid to come to a boil to save on energy
- duplex printing (double-sided printing)
I am just getting into the whole being green stuff. I have been recycling for a few years and am looking to have my husband put up a clothsline in the backyard. I am also trying to remember to bring bags with me to the grocery store so that I don't have to use their plastic or paper bags. If I am only buying a couple things and I forget to bring a bag then I will usually just carry those items in my arms instead of getting a bag from them. I am looking into making homemade cleaning supplies once I run out of the stuff that I have at my house now.
Angela
agoofy_1@yahoo.com
Hi I make sure t use reuasable bags when I go shopping. And I also use a water bottle that can be refilled.
I can be reached at dmbfan36 @ gmail . com
(leave out the spaces)
Very cute bags!
We recycleas much as possible, use environment-friendly cleaning products, and we LOVE our farmer's market! We try to eat "locally" and "seasonally".
Here's my contact info (leave out the spaces...)
pdiraggi @bellsouth .net
Here are some of my "Bea Green" Ways:
*3 r's= reduce, reuse and recycle
*use all natural products for cleaning home and my family :)
*use cloth diapers & cloth wipes for my daughter
*use menstrual cup and cloth pads
*love to support people/businesses who are green
*I try to reuse things if at all possible, example: baby food jars hold small stuff from nails in the garage to pins in my sewing box! ~For artists and moms with kids who paint= use the bottom Styrofoam plates that holds meat, like ground beef, for a paint palette!
*Often times those things we throw away make a perfect art project to do with the kids!
HAPPY "bea green"!!!
I am now saving our coffee grounds and egg shells for composting in our garden. Each morning my husband has the grounds set aside for such use.
I've been doing a lot to be green. We have been planting more flowers to attract bees (never thought I'd do that), turning off water while brushing, taking quicker showers, hang drying most of my clothes, using canvas bags at the store, buying environmentally friendly products, recycling, etc.
I do many of the same things that have already been mentioned: cloth diapers, cloth napkins, compost veg scraps for the garden, mulch our grass and leaves for the garden, use reusable grocery bags, shop at the farmer's market, grow some of our own produce, shop and cook in bulk and from scratch, and shop at thrift stores. One new thing I have tried this year is making my own laundry detergent--we love it! I got the idea over at Tammy's Recipes site.
Sorry, I am JK up there on the list and I am new to Mr. Linky and apparently it did not link up to my post about being green on my blog. So, my family is trying to "bea green" by recycling more. We are a family of five who now has only half of a trash can a week and over 2 recycle bins. We use our cloth bags for groceries. I absolutely love those bags you made. I think that it might make carrying your groceries in your own cloth bag stylish :) We are always open to trying new things to help the environment.
First, I want to say your totes are beautiful. :o) Our family is going green by recycling all of our plastics, glass, and cans. We are turning off our water while brushing our teeth. We are also trying to carry our bags to the stores.
Blessings,
~yvette
yvette@im4christ.org
My favorite way to 'be green' is to grow things. I love the variety, beauty and functionality of all of the plants that God has given us. We live in an urban area, so I work tomatoes, veggies, and herbs into the floral borders of my yard.
My kids love to help, and we have all learned so much together about herbs. We made a poison ivy cure from herbs we found in the yard, and it cures poison ivy in just a few days, and even 'erases' the itch and bump of a mosquito bite! Plus, it literally turns us a little green :) but it's worth it! (The free recipe can be found on www.bulkherbstore.com...my fav herb site.)
Growing our own herbs and foods saves us money, gas and time. It allows us to enjoy nature together, gives us the freshest and healthiest foods and medicines, and is just plain fun!
Gwen Brown
thebrownbrush.com (my art/portrait site...you can contact me here.)
handmade-adelaide-baby.com
P.S. I also cloth diaper, and have a wipes box that matches the dots fabric on the bag...how stylin' would I be!
P.P.S. You may enjoy some of the free baby patterns and cloth diaper info on my adelaide website. ;)
i cloth diaper
we give our scraps to our pig
i use a clothesline instead of the dryer
thanks for entering me!!
Simply, I use reuseable bags...instead of the plastic or paper for my grocery shopping.
dbstout[at]juno[dot]com
don't drive, ever, cars are coffins.
I try to use cloth for paper towls and napkins.
By simply cooking at home and avoiding buying prepackaged foods is a great way to be green. Also growing your own veggies.
If efforts to be a little more green we are using more natural household cleaners. It is so imporatant with my one year old around to not have her breathing in all those yucky chemicals. Also, we use cloth totes...but none as cute as the one you're giving away! :) m_huston(at)hotmail(dot)com
I have turned into the person all my friends and family go to for green tips. I have been a tree hugger my whole life.. at about the age of three my dad was going to throw something away and I said "no daddy we cycle." I may not have known the right words but I knew what to do haha.
Now I have cut back our amount of trash and recycle everything I can in my town, we use all CFL bulbs, eat organic food, use power stripes, I use very little water, I wash everything I can in the dishwasher and try and only buy dishwasher safe items, we use all natural or organic beauty products, I try and buy recycled products, if I buy plastic (I try not to) I make sure it's #1 or #2 because we can recycle that here, I buy food in less packing, I buy from eco-friendly companies, I use my own shopping bags, I could go on but this is getting long. I also have a blog which I post green tips, reviews, etc... to help others go green. :) Thanks for the giveaway, the bags are so cute!!!
love_cats05@yahoo.com
To "bea-green"Every year we plant a big garden, not only is it good for us (we use not pesticides etc.) it is also great for the environment.Also I want to tell you about recycling your ink cartridges-http://www.myinkrecycling.com/stores.html
Not only can you recycle them but you can enjoy some perks from it (coupons or store credit).
We also recycle all of our cans and bottles, and burn all cardboard/paper in our woodstove (saving it for winter if necessary)
In order to live a greener life, we currently compost all of our vegatable waste and use the composted material in our large vegetable garden. We use dishtowels and cloth napkins instead of paper and use real dishes instead of disposable. We burn wood for heat to cut down on our use of fossil fuel and plant trees every spring and fall to replenish what we burn. We use natural products for household cleaning to cut down on chemicals going down the drain. We have a growing collection of reusable shopping bags and would love to add one of yours to the collection!
Riding our bike around town - - to the library, swimming lessons, summer school and grocery store.
Turning of those lights!!
Not using the a/c - - open the windows.
Recycle!!
I use my clothesline every day, I recycle and re-use everything I can and we have a huge compost pile as well.
I recycle anything I can.
lily smith
lilysysmith@yahoo.com
I try to do all I can, recycle, use cloth bags at the store, use green cleaners...but probably the hardest pill for myself and others to swallow is to just buy less stuff. Considering how much fuel and resources go into making new products, the earth would be a lot better off is we consumed less. I try my best, but it's not easy.
I walk to work to help save on gas at least 3 days a week. I also compost whatever we can at home.
Kris ksunberg@hotmail.com
I hate to admit it, but upon reflection, we are not all that green. I have huge aspirations to do things. Someday I want to hang my wash out to dry, but where we live it's just not practical. I want to start using shopping totes (I would love to win this one), but I've never taken the plunge. I tried cloth diapers for a bit, but with our schedule, it just overwhelmed me. I guess I'm on the verge... the outside edge so to speak... of being green. I'm looking forward to spending some time reading the entries here to see if there are some simple steps I can take to be a little greener!
Oh, we did just start our own herb garden. Is that green?
My official entry though is this... we try to pass on as many things as we can instead of just throwing them away. Whether it's garage sales, Salvation Army, the mission closet at church, or offering things to a friend or stranger. I hate the thought of throwing something into the trash that someone else could use. As such that other person doesn't need to go out and acquire a new version of that item and we are keeping the number of things that will eventually be in the trash at bay.
I love to Freecycle which is our way of working towards "green dom". You are able to post items that you no longer use or are looking for that someone else does not use anymore. www.freecycle.org
Please enter me also, hope I win the adorable bag!!
Blessings
Sue
marklovessue@numail.org
A few things we do to "bea green" are:
1.reuse ziplock bags and tin foil when possible
2.make homemade cleaners and laundry soap
3.use the website freecycle as much as possible
I`m sure there are more that i`m forgetting about,but that`s all I can think of at the moment!!I`ll be back to add my post to mr.Linky in a little while!!
I found your site through tammys times.So glad I did!!You have beautiful bags!!!
Hey,I finally got Mr.Linky filled out!!Have a great night!!
Your totes are LOVELY!
My newest going green is raising chickens! We want to have our own farm fresh eggs. Now all my table scraps, veggie/fruit peelings are going to my chickens, and in turn, their droppings will be scooped out of the chicken house each year to fertilize my garden!
Please enter me in your drawing!
Mary[@]homesteepedhope.com (without the brackets)
I love all the green cleaning products they offer now. With little ones in my house, I feel it my duty to make the house as clean as possible, withouct using all the harsh chemicals. I love Method and Clorox Green.
I have a reusable shopping bag for the grocery store, and when I get plastic bags, I reuse those as trash bags for small trash cans.
I also try to cut down on the amount I use my car (although that's more of a financial decision than an ecological one!) and walk or ride my bike more.
I buy used clothing or get hand-me-downs for my kids, shopping totes, use eco friendly cleaners, recycle everything we can and reuse glass jars instead of plastic storage containers
I like to recycle old fabric from clothing we no longer need/use to make more clothing, scarfs, bread basket cloths, doll clothes, napkins, pillows and any useful purpose that is beautiful or needed. Then there is always the rag bag when the clothing is too stained to get clean.Use your imagination to think of what you could do with the fabric you have on hand in old clothing that is no longer useful to you. Also, save any old buttons for your button jar and decorative items from the
clothing that can be reused for sewing, crafts,or art supplies for the children. Children can make many things and have such fun with these. Baking soda on underarm arm stains works wonders and is very earth friendly compared to commercial products. The bags are beautiful!
Barbara
sandcastles@gogenesis.com
I cook a lot from scratch, saving on packaging materials. Also, I love using cloth napkins, and try to use rags to wipe up spills and for cleaning instead of paper towels.
We recycle and compost as much as possible, use cloth diapers and a clothes line, and throw out and buy as little as possible. We buy cage-free eggs and free range poultry and beef.
I would love to have this. We compost and go to the Farmer's Market weekly but I have been meaning to get totes to bring with me so I can cut down on the plastic bag. We also are serious recyclers and even try to pick up things on our walks to bring home and put in the recycling bin.
Hi! We are slowly doing little things to be a bit greener...we do use totes for almost all our shopping. We love our cfl bulbs and driving as little as possible. We also use a front-loading washer and wear clothes more than once!
I recycle, have a big vegetable garden, only use vinegar and baking soda for cleaning and use cloth napkins. I have also switched to all flourescent light bulbs. I feel that every little thing you do helps and adds up in the long run.
I am really trying to ease my way into being green. I have been doing one thing at a time. They may seem small, but if I keep adding a new green-routine to my life every couple weeks, it will start to add up!
http://christas-art.blogspot.com/2008/07/reusable-grocery-bags-and-other-green.html
-Christa
What cute totes and bags. I have five kids with one on the way. I save the most money and feel like I'm being green by shopping garage sales and resale stores. I also cloth diaper, compost, recycle and buy organic when possible.
Post a Comment