One thing that is very nice about being your own boss is that you don't get in trouble when you need to take an unexpected break due to life circumstances. One bad thing about it is that business comes to an all-stop. I fear my little shop may have suffered due to my inattention; people looking for new bags may be discouraged from shopping with me since it has been so long since I have posted anything new. But alas, it cannot be helped.
So instead, I will focus on the blessing that it is to be free to take a break when I need it. 2008 has been a crazy, up-and-down, difficult year. Some wonderful and exciting things happened this year (like the long-time-coming birth of my business), but I do not think I will remember 2008 with much fondness besides.
Most recently, my dear Grandma and next-door neighbor had a stroke. Fortunately, it was caught early and she is recovering well and expected to continue to recover, but of course that has taken up much of my emotional and mental energy. It is difficult for me to attend to much of her care because of the little ones I have, but I have filled in here and there wherever there are gaps in her care.
Two other people precious to me have had falling accidents in the past week; one very serious, one not as serious. My sister, the less serious accident, was bucked off of a horse and sustained a mild head injury as well as a broken back. So we are rallying to try and help her in HER business, as she works with horses and it is physical labor that she cannot do at this time.
Add to that the craziness of "birthday season", and well, I am one busy lady. We homeschool, and I am attempting to plan for the school year as well as our annual de-clutter and thorough deep clean of our home. After a period of unemployment, my husband is back to work at a new job, which has required paperwork and such. Yup, life is full right now...full of happiness and wonder, minutiae and grunt work, heartaches and worry. And a lot of busyness. I hope to get back to making bags with more regularity soon, and rolling out new products. Fortunately there *are* some bags for sale on my website, or I'd feel like a total slacker. ;) But August is seeming a daunting month for me to get through...we'll just have to see! :)
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Be blessed and encouraged! You are right to focus on the fact that your business gives you the flexibility to adjust to lifes' situations.
I will be praying for favor in your business. I'm sure if people really like the product they'll keep coming back. I've told a few people about your site and hope myself to order a few sometime in the future. Just gotta save up a bit.
Thank you for all of your support and kind comments! :)
Many of the customers I've had have come back for more, so it's really encouraging to me!
Post a Comment