I scored another treasury! What is a treasury, you may ask? On Etsy, when you visit their homepage and see the lovely featured items, that is a treasury. Treasuries are collections of favorite things picked by fellow Etsy artists. To score a treasury, one must be in the right place at the right time, and that is actually harder than it sounds. Getting your treasury on the Etsy homepage is even harder. Etsy Admins choose from usually 300-500+ treasuries for truly exceptional ones to grace the front page.
It may sound like perhaps it's not something to be terribly excited about, because it's not for self-promotion. But I like to think of it as self-promotion in a backwards sort of way. First of all, I love to promote Etsy, and I definitely love to promote handmade products, and I DEFINITELY love to promote quality handmade products from sellers I trust or know personally. When I pick you for a treasury, I let you know. In a way, that's promotion, and good for both of us. My name is on the treasury, so my name is at least out there, if not my products. So it is good for me, and good for my friends and fellow respected artists and artisans. I figure that eventually, people will do the same and pick me.
And in fact it already happened once, and that particular treasury featuring one of my bags made it to the front page, which was quite an honor. :) This is the second treasury I have made. :) I'm pretty excited about it! I either know or have purchased from about half of the people I featured this time, and found some new neat stuff from people I haven't.
So if you haven't yet, take a peek!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment