Thursday, August 28, 2008

Go Green, Save Money?

An article on MSN that talks about ways going "green" can save you money

It's true...there is another reason to switch to fabric or reusable grocery bags--it may save you money. Many stores all over the world will give you a "bag refund"--a small amount of money back per bag you use that isn't theirs. And more and more states, cities, and countries are moving toward fining, banning, phasing out, or penalizing plastic or paper bags.

I did find it ironic, though, that the bags they featured--while very cool--were rather expensive. I mean, it would take you a long time to make that money back. I understand...I mean, I sell my bags basically at wholesale price. I could--and probably should--charge more than I do. But that would kind of make them out-of-reach for some people, and perhaps take advantage of the more economically advantaged green folk. But we won't get into all that since I've talked about it before. It was still rather ironic. :) However, the good news for those that can't afford a reusable grocery bag priced at $50 or more is that you have many more affordable options. Including yours truly, of course. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Everyone should by your bags! They are SUPER cute and I love mine. I have tons of bags all different bags but yours is my favorite.